Thursday 24 January 2013

Electric Blue Eyeliner- Make-Up Inspiration

Going to do a 'make-up inspitation' post today with a look that I was inspired to do by a look in company magazine last month and whilst experimenting with slightly more... adventitious eye looks. There was a feature in the January issue of company magazine last month on make-up trends for 2013, particularly spring/summer. I was inspired to do this make-up look by their look called 'the colour-flash lash' which features neon pink eyeliner and mascara.

I decided instead to use electric blue eye-shadow as eyeliner- I applied it with a damp angle brush to intensify the colour. I am pretty much a beginner with eye make-up but found it incredibly easy to apply! I would have liked to then use an electric blue mascara to match but restrained myself from buying one and used a black one instead. I was actually pretty satisfied with the end result and liked the contrast between the  blue eyeliner and black lashes.

On my lids I used mainly a matte almost-nude pink shade then a slightly shimmery grey in my inner corners and a slightly shimmery white to highlight my brow bones. Here is the finished look...





Triangle earring (which you can just about make out!): In a set of three for £4.99 from H&M



The blue eye-shadow and nude pink eye-shadow were both from the Louise Gray for Topshop eye quad in 'blink' which I got on sale for £3!


Mascara:  £19, Smashbox Hyperlash Mascara (I have the mini version from a 'try it kit')



Lipgloss: £14, Smashbox Lip Enhancing Lipgloss in Illume ( I also have this from my 'try it kit') 

I also put together a casual outfit to go with the make-up...


'I fancy the lead singer' top: £7.99, H&M (last summer)
Leather jacket: £35, Topshop sale (no longer available too, sorry!)
Tie-dye jeans: £14.99, H&M -they're no longer on the site but you can often find pieces in store in H&M that aren't on their site.

Hope you enjoyed the post and I have inspired you to try bright eye make-up! 
Have a great Friday,
Grace x


No comments:

Post a Comment