Monday 21 January 2013

Nail Inspiration, Red with Blue Glitter

Hope you are all enjoying the snow and had a lovely weekend. I tend to paint my nails every Friday for the weekend, so I might make this a weekly post every Monday.

So here we are, the weekend's nails...


Bright red with electric blue glitter



First two coats of a postbox/bright red polish

I used shade 239 by Kiko which is a make up brand from Milan (I have also seen it in France) You can check out their website here


Then a coat of an electric blue glitter topcoat

I used junkyard by Louise Gray for Topshop (which is no longer available, sorry!)
It is my first Topshop nail polish along with another one I bought from the same collection and I can say that the quality is very good, very long lasting, however I got them for £3 each in the sale and not sure they are worth the full price of £6 each!

As I only usually keep my varnish on for the weekend I don't usually bother with basecoat, although I do recommend using one if the colour you are using is particularly strong or bright to prevent stained nails ( I speak from experience...)

Also the glitter topcoat did the job for the weekend, as I mentioned it was long lasting and had barely chipped by this morning. Normally though, I would use a good quality topcoat- I use Sally Hansen topcoats which are a very reasonable price for the quality- about £5. They can stop your polish from chipping for a good week and are very easy to apply. I definitely recommend investing a bit into a good topcoat, especially if you buy cheaper nail polishes (like me!)

 Have a great start to the week, 
Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment